How to Provide Great HVAC Customer Service
Having excellent customer service is very important in running and more so in making a business successful. You should always treat every customer encounter as an opportunity. Although there will be times that you get to interact with some customers who complain a lot or those who are just not satisfied. There are several approaches that you can try on how to provide great hvac customer service.
Allow your customer to speak. This approach is an effective way in defusing emotions. Since it gives the customer an opportunity to release that feeling or vent. Make sure not to interrupt or speak at the same time with them. Doing so, may just make the situation even worse.
As your customer uses the time to vent, make sure that you do your best to listen in. It is an effective technique, because you get to capture details and facts that you can use and refer to later on during the discussion. It is also one way for you to figure out the right solution. If you have a difficult time listening, make sure to equip yourself with a pen and note pad to jot down notes.
Set expectations with the customer. This will help them understand what you can and cannot do to help with their concern.
Here is another approach on how to provide great hvac customer service. If ever you don’t have the fixes and answers, make sure to find an alternative for them to use or try or better yet refer them to the right person who can actually fix their problem.
- Make sure not to give false promises to your customer. If you can’t fix the problem, then be honest enough to say so.
- Use “apologies” and “thank you’s” appropriately during your interaction with your customer.
- Always start the engagement with a customer using the proper greeting. This method is applicable virtually and even during personal interactions.
- Going the extra mile with your customers. They appreciate the extra kind gesture that you are able to offer.
- Mind your tone as you interact or engage in conversation with the customer. Your pitch and volume are part of your body language and customers can see or feel that.
- Once a customer’s concern is addressed or resolved, always have that habit in asking if there is anything else you can do to help them.
- Try to keep a smile on and use it accordingly.
- Address the name of your customer by using it at different parts of your interaction.
- Always try to put your place in the customer’s shoes. This helps change your point of view and allows your mind to open up on how the member feels. You’d get a better understanding from where they are coming from.
- If you have a solution, fix it, Fast!
The tips on how to provide great hvac customer service may seem easier said than done. But they definitely work! Customer service isn’t rocket science. If you want your business to be successful and grow, then make sure that you don’t only make new customers but also keep existing ones. Remember that the best advertisement is through word of mouth.
Learn how you can develop a winning Social Media marketing strategy for your service business. Download the Service Industry Social Media Marketing Playbook Now!