Contractor Marketing: Sell More Water Heater Installs with These 4 Strategies
For all of you plumbers out there I am going to walk you through a number of strategies that will help you tune up your Google Adwords water heater campaigns and increase sales:
Paid Search Management Tips for Water Heater Replacement
1. Time your ads: Unless you have an unlimited budget and can compete against the big box retailers run your water heaters ads from 4AM to 11AM on weekdays. It is very easy to bleed through budget when you are competing against big box retailers in your local area. Run your advertisements during the time of the day where it makes most sense to pick up customers who have an immediate need. Through my experience in listening into hundreds of water heater calls – Early AM is the best time to capture new customers.
2. Organize your campaigns: When running a water heater campaign in Google Adwords I’ll have a number of different adgroups running within the campaign at the same time. I segment my adgroups so there are only a few keywords within the adgroup. This is a best practice and it keeps the relevancy of my campaign tight and increases my overall Google Quality Score – lowering my cost per click and increasing competitive positioning. For example within a water heater campaign I’ll have adgroups for the following:
- Water Heater Installation
- Water Heater Replacement
- Water Heater Repair
- Water Heater Cost
3. Create a dedicated landing page for water heater replacement: The landing page should be specific to water heater installation and replacement and should reinforce your ad copy. Make sure to keep your landing pages free from external links so a prospective customer does not bounce off page. Below is an example landing page format that we use with a number of our clients that has converted hundreds of water heater opportunities.
4. Make ads mobile: Make sure to optimize your advertisements so they work on mobile devices. Mobile search is becoming increasingly popular. You can easily turn on mobile search within a Google campaign and you may consider building a dedicated mobile landing page for water heater replacements.
About The Author
: Steve Teneriello is the Founder of The Service Coach and is a seasoned senior marketing strategist and business development professional experienced in both residential and commercial sales and digital marketing. Throughout his career Steve has worked with over 300 small to medium-sized service business owners helping them develop and implement systematic and formula driven marketing, sales and operations strategies that fuel growth and profitability. Learn More About Steve Here